Hasan Yasar is the technical manager of the Secure Lifecycle Solutions group in the CERT Division of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University. Hasan leads an engineering group on software development processes and methodologies, specifically on DevOps and development; and researches advanced image analysis, cloud technologies, and big data problems while providing expertise and guidance to SEI's clients. Hasan has more than 25 years experience as senior security engineer, software engineer, software architect and manager in all phases of secure software development and information modeling processes. He has an extensive knowledge of current software tools and techniques. He is also specialized on secure software solutions design and development experience in the cybersecurity domain including data-driven investigation and collaborative incident management, network security assessment, automated, large-scale malware triage/analysis, medical records management, accounting, simulation systems and document management. He is also Adjunct Faculty member in the Heinz Collage and Institute of Software Research where he currently teaches "Software and Security” and “DevOps: Engineering for Deployment and Operations”.
His current areas of professional interests focus on:
- Secure Software Development including threat modeling, risk management framework, and software assurance model
- Secure DevOps process, methodologies, and implementation
- Software Development Methodologies (Agile, SAFe, DevOps)
- Cloud based application development, deployment, and operations
- Software Architecture, Design, Develop, and Management of large-scale enterprise system