MSE Accelerated Masters Program
The MSE Accelerated Masters Program (MSE-AMP) is a 5th year masters program for undergraduates in the Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Carnegie Mellon University. It is a full-time, on-campus program, consisting of three academic semesters and a required internship during the summer.
MSE-AMP students can choose to focus in one of two areas:
Median Starting Salary: $111,000
Employed by: Amazon, ANSYS, Apple, Bloomberg, Cisco, Coursera, Facebook, Fitbit, Goldman Sachs, Google, Microsoft, Qualcomm, SAP, Walmart
How to Apply
Application materials for the graduate software engineering degree programs are as follows:
- completed application form.
- well-developed statement of purpose (SOP), including specifics about your professional goals and about your software development experience on teams and in projects.
- current resume.
- two (2) letters of recommendation, which provide specific examples of your maturity, leadership, and software development experience on teams and in projects.
- interview with the MSE program manager, to be scheduled in early January.
- unofficial undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts. Official hard copies of transcripts are required upon your acceptance of an admission offer.
- online programming assessment — invitations are sent out December 13, and the assessment must be completed by December 22.