Waivers related to financial hardship
- If the $75 application fee presents financial hardship to the applicant, we will consider a fee waiver request.
- If you are living in the U.S. and feel that you are financially unable to pay, please obtain a letter from your Financial Aid Office explaining your inability to pay and their support of a waiver. Upon receipt of this letter, your fee will be waived.
- If you are either living outside of the U.S., not a current student, or are unable to obtain a financial aid letter, include a brief description of your financial need and any documentation that supports your request (such as a tax return form, W2, etc.).
- Application fee waiver requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your request you must also include the degree program on which you plan to apply.
- We will confirm your need, and provide a voucher code which can be used to waive the application fees for up to two programs within SCS.
- Please allow up to 3-5 business days for your request to be processed.
Waivers for participants of programs
- For qualified participants of certain events, organizations and programs (see list below), an applicant may apply for a waiver during the application process.
- On the payment screen, you will be presented with the same list that appears below.
- If you have participated in any of them, indicate this and provide evidence of that participation by uploading the appropriate document (receipt for registration, membership card, certificates of participation, etc).
- Application fees will be waived for up to two SCS programs.
|ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing|
|American Association for the Advancement of Science||AAAS|
|American Indian Science and Engineering Society||AISES|
|American Society of Civil Engineers||ASCE|
|American Society of Mechanical Engineers||ASME|
|Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence||AAAI|
|Association for Computing Machinery's Council on Women in Computing||ACM-W|
|Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction||ACM-SIGCHI|
|Black in AI||BAI|
|Engineers without Borders||EWB|
|Grace Hopper Celebration|
|Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Computer Society||IEEE Computer Society|
|International Society for Computational Biology||ISCB|
|Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholars Program|
|LatinX in AI||LXAI|
|Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program|
|Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation||LSAMP|
|Mathematical Association of America||MAA|
|National Society of Black Engineers||NSBE|
|Out for Undergrad O4U Tech|
|Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics||oSTEM|
|Queer in AI|
|Research on Equity and Sustained Participation in Engineering, Computing, & Technology 2020 Conference||RESPECT|
|Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science||SACNAS|
|Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers||SASE|
|Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers||SHPE|
|Society of Women Engineers||SWE|
|The Sadie Collective|
|Women in Cybersecurity Conference||WiCyS|
|Women in Machine Learning||WiML|