Eduardo Miranda Publications
- Improving Subjective Estimations Using Paired Comparisons, IEEE Software Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 1, January 2001, doi:10.1109/52.903173
- Planning and Executing Time-bounded Projects, IEEE Computer Magazine, Vol. 35, No. 3, March 2002, doi:10.1109/2.989933
- Protecting Software Development Projects Against Underestimation, with Dr. Alain Abran, Project Management Journal, Vol. 39, Issue 3, September 2008, 10.1002/pmj.20067
- Sizing User Stories Using Paired Comparisons, Information and Software Technology, Eduardo Miranda, Pierre Bourque and Alain Abran, Vol. 51, September 2009, No. 9, doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2009.04.003
- Agile monitoring using the line of balance, The Journal of Systems and Software, Eduardo Miranda and Pierre Bourque, Vol. 83, Issue 7, July 2010, doi:10.1016/j.jss.2010.01.043
- A Nominal Group Interview Technique to Support Lightweight Process Assessments: Description and Experience Report, 16th International SPICE Conference on Process Improvement and Capability Determination, Dublin, Ireland, 2016
- Strategic Resource Planning Based on Staffing Profiles, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Hong Kong, 2012
- Expert Judgment in Software Estimation During the Bid Phase of a Projec—An Exploratory Survey, IWSM-MENSURA, Assisi, Italy, 2012
- Combining Critical Chain Planning and Incremental Development in Software Projects, PMI World Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2004 (slides)
- Strategic Resource Planning Process at Ericsson Research Canada, PMI World Congress, The Hague, Netherlands, May 2003 (slides)
- Project Screening: How to say “No” without hurting your career or your company, European Software Control and Measurement Conference, London, England 2001
- An Evaluation of the Paired Comparisons Method for Software Sizing, International Conference on Software Engineering, Limerick, Ireland, 2000
- The use of reliability growth models in project management, IEEE System and Software Reliability Engineering Conference, Awarded the “Best Industrial Paper” recognition, Paderborn, Germany, 1998
- Introduction to Software Design Languages (in Spanish), with Prof. Raul Martinez, III Congreso Nacional de Informatica, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1985
- A Model for a Generalized Information Retrieval System (in Spanish), XII Conferencia en Informatica e Investigacion Operativa, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1981.
- Understanding the SQALE model of technical debt.
SQALE (Software Quality Assessment based on Lifecycle Expectations, Letouzey 2011) is a method to estimate the technical debt of a software artifact as measured against an internal quality model. While the method is not all encompassing it will give an idea of the overall quality of the code and used during development, can give teams and managers an early warning of serious deviations and the type of shortcuts being used by the developers.
- Release Planning & Buffered MoSCoW Rules, ASSE 2013 - 14th Argentine Symposium on Software Engineering / 42 JAIIO (Argentine Conference on Informatics), September 16th, 2013, Cordoba, Argentina
- Calculating Project Contingencies To Avoid Software Project Failures, with Dr. Alain Abran, Projects & Profits, The ICFAI University Press, India, December 2007
- Building SEI Level 4 Into A Project Management Method, with Anders Hemre and Gaetano Lombardi, European Software Engineering Process Group Conference, London, June 2005
- Timeboxing Planning: Buffered Moscow Rules, ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, November 2011, Volume 36 Number 6, DOI
Time boxing is a management technique which prioritizes schedule over deliverables but time boxes which are merely a self, or an outside, imposed target without agreed partial outcomes and justified certainty are at best, an expression of good will on the part of the team.
- Using Line of Balance to Track the Progress of Fixing Trouble Reports, Cross Talk, Utah, USA, April 2006
- Control Transformations Through Petri Nets, ACM Software Engineering Notes, 1989
- Looking for the Event List, ACM Software Engineering Notes, 1989
- An Introduction to Petri Nets (in Spanish), Revista Telegrafica Electronica, 1987
- A Method for Software Construction Based on State Transition Techniques (in Spanish), Revista Telegrafica Electronica, 1986
- A Model for a Generalized Data Entry System (in Spanish), Revista Computadoras y Sistemas, 1984